Media Center

Mon guide

News

  • Share

Fishery exports: Morocco #1 in Africa
04/20/2015 - Général

Moroccan fish exports exceeded 15.16 billion dirhams in 2014. The industry's added value has increased by 33% since 2009. Morocco ranks first in Africa and is the 25th producer worldwide in sea fishing with an annual production exceeding 1 million tons. Last year, Morocco produced 1.3 million tons of seafood of which about 500,000 tons were exported. 80% of the production supplies the seafood processing industry while the remaining 20% supplies the local market.

Source: Infomédiaire