On 4th July at the Royal palace in Casablanca, as part of the launch of the new investment reform plan; King Mohammed VI presided over a signing ceremony for the partnership agreement between the Ministry of Industry, Trade, Investment and the Digital Economy and the OCP (Cherifien Phosphates Office), as well as 30 other investment contracts.
The partnership agreement between the Ministry of Industry, Trade, Investment and the Digital Economy and the OCP (Cherifien Phosphates Office) covers the establishing and development of an OCP ecosystem around the SMEs and large business in Morocco that subcontract for the phosphates giant. It was signed by the Minister for the Economy and Finance, Mohamed Boussaid, the Minister for Industry, Trade, Investment and the Digital Economy, Moulay Hafid Elalamy, and the CDG of the OCP group, Mostafa Terrab.
30 investment contracts, generating 39,000 jobs and 7.5 billion MAD of investment were also signed. They included:
- an Investment Contract with the American Group DELPHI, for the immediate construction of 7 factories in the automotive industry generating 13,000 jobs.
- an Investment contract with the Canadian Group LINAMAR, for the creation of a motor parts manufacturing plant in Morocco. This will involve the investment of 2.69 billion MAD and the creation of 1,000 jobs.
- an Investment contract for the creation of an industrial complex in Morocco by the SIMOLDES Group. The complex will produce moulds and plastic injection for cars and involve the investment of 650 million MAD.
- an Investment contract with Decathlon, in the textile sector, for the development of a purchasing platform and sales network in Morocco. This will involve the investment of 163 million MAD and should create 10,910 jobs.
- an Investment contract to carry out 8 projects in the textile industry creating a total of 8,722 jobs and involving the investment of 425 million MAD.
They were signed by Mohamed Boussaid, Moulay Hafid Elalamy, Hafid Anouar, Managing Director of Bluefinger, Abderrahmane Atfi, Managing Director of Med sourcing, Rojas Almuzara, President of Tint Color, Salaheddine Khlifi, Director of Bernitex Clean, John Haralambous, Managing Director of ISLAND BLUE, Sayouty Abderahim, Managing Director of SETTAVEX, Rodlphe Pedro, Founder of the WASH and Co Group, and Antony Ciardo, Administrator for the VFI Group.
- an Investment Contract to complete 6 projects in the automotive industry creating a total of 2,141 jobs and involving the investment of 935 million MAD.
- a second Investment Contract to complete 6 projects in the automotive industry creating a total of 1,864 jobs and involving the investment of 557 million MAD.
- an Investment contract with the SOTHEMA company for the manufacturing of Biosimilar medicine.
- an Investment contract with the Sofrecom Company for the creation of a near-shore IT centre.
- an Investment contract for the creation of 4 industrial units in the aeronautic sector involving a total investment of 261 million MAD and creating 564 jobs.